Sunday, July 20, 2014

My Top 10 Favorite Taylor Swift Songs

I am a fan of Taylor Swift.

Not an avid fan of hers to the point that I really watch personal videos of her, or use her image as my phone's wallpaper. But I really fell in love with her songs -  her style, her talent in songwriting, until I learned to love her face and everything about her. But if there is one thing that I can do all day that has a connection with her, it's of course listening to her songs - from her self-titled album to Fearless to Speak Now to Red.

And so I came up with my 10 favorite songs. Well, almost all of her songs are my faves, but these ten songs are the ones that I can really listen to on repeat, 24/7. Sorry that the songs Love Story, Our Song, Ours, Back to December, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, A Perfectly Good Heart, Better Than Revenge, White Horse, Fearless and the others did not make it, but you are still my favorites. Anyway, let's start with the countdown. :D



1. SPEAK NOW (from the album Speak Now)

"I am not the kind of girl, who should be rudely barging in on a white veil occasion. But you are not the kind of boy, who should be marrying the wrong girl."

Actually, it has nothing to do with me, my personal life nor I can relate with it when I first heard it. I just love the song because it's really upbeat and it gives me good vibes in the morning. But there was a recent event in my life where I nearly sang this to someone which I won't disclose anymore. After all, I am not Taylor Swift's friend whom she got the inspiration from. :)



2. ALL TOO WELL (from the album Red)

"Time won't fly it's like I'm paralyzed by it. I'd like to be my old self again but I'm still trying to find it."

I just love this song. I can't relate it with my personal experiences but I can just feel the emotions as Taylor sings this song, most especially during her live performances. But the lyrics I wrote there? I guess everyone can relate with that line most especially when you just came from a bad romance or you are moving on from something or someone. Another favorite line in the song is "Hey you called me up again just to break me like a promise. So casually cruel in the name of being honest. I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here 'cause I remember it all too well." In this part, you can really feel the intense emotion of Taylor. But still, I would die to have the old scarf Taylor identified here. Jake Gyllenhaal, if the song is really for you, can you just have the scarf auctioned? I'll bid for it. Hahaha. :)


3. TEARDROPS ON MY GUITAR (from the album Taylor Swift)

"Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see, what I want and I'm needing everything that we should be."

I think anyone who has experienced or who is currently experiencing one-sided love can relate to this song. Let's add the fact that you cannot confess your feelings...because the guy your eyeing for is your friend! This is really the perfect song. The song's story, as Taylor has narrated as well in one of her interviews, is about her falling in love with a friend named Drew. They were really close friends but she secretly wanted it to be a romantic relationship. Unfortunately, Drew would speak to her about a girl he really liked because he is oblivious of Taylor's feelings. Well, I have been through a lot of these things and I would listen to this song as well. I don't know if you call that self-torture or I am just looking for a song that can describe my emotions.


4. TIM MCGRAW (from the album Taylor Swift)

"September saw a month of tears, and thankin' God that you weren't here to see me like that. And in a box beneath my bed is a letter that you never read from three summers back."

At first, I just love that tune of this song. But I was able to associate this song to someone who I accidentally fell in love (with a Teardrops on my Guitar story) and thought of him as my own Tim McGraw. And the lyrics stated there can really describe to what happened to me. Yes, it was in September when I realized I need to stop and so there were tears (but not literal tears, just a teary heart, lol). And I also have written letters for that someone which he never read because I did not give it to him. Oh my gosh this is not the guy I have been blogging ever since ha! In fact it's the first time I will be writing something about him and my feelings but I have mentioned him somewhere in this blog. Hahaha. And after how many months, he knew already about my feelings (and I have nothing to hide anymore haha.) and I have nearly moved on, and we are actually super good friends. But he will always be my Tim McGraw, and he knows that. :) By the way, I am not like Taylor in the music video that I have the courage to give the letter and let him read it. Hahaha. :)


5. RED (from the album Red)

"Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street."

My interpretation in the lyrics written there is like, loving that someone will just bring you to nowhere. But the whole song is just so upbeat at the same time, it will make you realize things. Taylor Swift has really achieved her purpose in writing this song, that there are really things that are hard to forget. Whether you have moved on from someone or whatever, it will always be hard to forget the memories you had, and in loving someone, all emotions are intense and unforgettable. :)



6. YOU BELONG WITH ME (from the album Fearless)

"Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you been here all along, so why can't you see, you belong with me."

Can I just give my Teardrops... interpretation here? Hahaha! The song is also about one-sided love, this time they're bestfriends. And since the guy is in love with somebody else, he cannot see his bestfriend and her feelings for him. Basically same with what I said in Teardrops... this has a cuter and a less-heartbreaking beat though. :)


7. TODAY WAS A FAIRYTALE (from the album/movie Valentine's Day)

"Time slows down whenever you're around. Can't you feel my heart, it's beating in my chest."

Anyone who is in love with someone has experienced this I believe. Everytime you see that guy, time slows down. Your heart beats faster. Yes, I have been there as well and it's the best feeling ever. It always feels like a fairytale. And the tune really fits in the Fairytale-ish theme. :) Everytime I hear the song, I can imagine that I am in a fairytale and I am so in love. :)


8. CRAZIER (from the movie Hannah Montana)

"You lift my feet off the ground, spin me around, you make me crazier."

The song has actually a good message. It's like showing how a person who falls in love gets inspired and sees something that s/he couldn't see before. And so I had this as one of my theme songs for someone again! (Clue: Tim McGraw). It's also a fact that when you're in love, it's like you are in the heavens, and it's one of the best feelings ever. :)


9. THE MOMENT I KNEW (from the album Red)

"And it was like slow motion, standing there in a party dress, and red lipstick with no one to impress."

If there is one sad thing that could happen on any special day, it's when the most important person for you won't show. You dressed up for him and yet he won't come. And the song talks about that. Again, I can't relate to it but somehow, it affected me. It's such a sad song that you just want to cry for the girl singing this song.


10. TREACHEROUS (from the album Red)

"Put your lips close to mine, as long as they don't touch. Out of focus, eye-to-eye. 'Til the gravity's too much. And I'll do anything you say, if you say it with your hands."

I actually do not know what the song means but I just love it's beat and you can really sing along with it. However, when I searched about the interpretation, it's about falling in love with someone who's not available, basically with a person who's already taken, or you cannot be with. But I don't care about the interpretations. I just love singing with this song. ;)


And that's the list of my fave T-Swift songs. I am really excited on what she'll be singing next. :) How about  you, what are your favorite T-Swift songs? :D

Videos Courtesy of Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment