Monday, July 21, 2014

The Project Pie Adventure

I have always wanted to try Project Pie. I heard it from some of my friends and they said it was good, and their comments were justified by Facebook posts (when I saw their DIY Pizzas, I was really enticed). Then it was featured on one of Poptalk's episodes. [Poptalk by the way is a GMA News TV Show. If you love eating, then you should watch it 'cause they always feature food. Haha. Saturdays at 8 I believe is the timeslot.] During that time, I was chatting with my good friend Mart while I am in agony because of my toothache. As we were watching it, the last thing that we said to each other was...we'll eat there once my tooth heals. :)

And so after two weeks of suffering from toothache and some leadership training and meetings, by June 3, we finally tried it at their Bluebay branch. Project Pie is a DIY food chain wherein you can design and build your own pizza - selecting the toppings of your choice - from the cheese to the veggies to the meat. And if you are not that confident with you creating your own pizza, you may choose from the combinations they have already prepared. But of course, since I am really choosy with the toppings of my pizza (I hate Olives and Bell Peppers), I built my own pizza! :)



My DIY pizza! I think I have chosen Mozarella for the cheese, then Pepperoni, Crumbled Meatballs, Bacon and Pineapples for my toppings. I really love Pineapples on my pizza. (And obviously, I hate veggies.) :)


This is Mart's pizza. I forgot what he had chosen but you can see the presence of Jalapenos. (No way would I have that on my pizza.)


You can order Cola drinks for Php 65.00 and have it filled three times. They also have the China Mist Iced Tea which is really good. Just not a fan of the traditional tea so I chose sodas for my next two rounds. :)



Of course, I cannot afford not to have a picture taken and not to have it posted on Instagram most especially  that it's my first visit! :) 

But I actually forgot something. Haha. Since I was really planning to blog about this, I must have taken pictures as to the making of the pizza...but because of too much excitement, I failed to do it. :( That's why...we went back Friday that week!

This time, Mart and I brought along our other friends Ina and Jerome for them to try. And for me to take pictures and enjoy again. Hahaha.

So here's how the pizza is made.


You choose if your pizza's Red or White. I had White Pizza (just olive oil, no red sauce) on my first visit so I had Red Pizza on the next. :)


The best part - choosing your toppings! You can also have green and red bell peppers, tomatoes, caramelized onions, mushrooms and the likes for your pizza. But since I hate having those on my pizza, no thanks. :)


And there! Pizza's ready to be baked. :)

I won't post my pizza and Mart's as well. Kuya Jerome did not order. And so here's Ina's. :)


Ina is really a health-buff so she had chosen lots of veggies for her pizza toppings. :)

Project Pie also offers other "Awesome Eats" (that came from their flyer) like Dessert Pizzas (Banana Nutella, Strawberry Mango Nuttela are some) and Salads (and a Pizza Salad!). I would also want to commend their staff because they are really friendly and accommodating most especially for first-timers. And on my second visit, some of them remembered Mart and I. Hahaha. :) I also love the ambiance of the place. :)

Anyway, alongside with their Bluebay Branch, they also have branches in Shaw Blvd, Palazzo at Eastwood, Alabang and North Edsa. :)

Go build your own Pizza! :) As they say, Design. Build. Eat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment