Sunday, September 14, 2014

Umiiyak Ang Puso

There is actually one reason why I wasn't able to blog last August about my adventures. A project actually kept me busy, and it was a major project that I cannot neglect.

One day, we were called for a meeting just to get informed that we are actually part of a big contest - Himig Handog P-Pop Love Songs 2014 Music Video Competition. Well actually, before the meeting, I knew already that it's Himig Handog that we are joining and I was assigned as writer for the said project. The song that we were able to get was UMIIYAK ANG PUSO. It was composed by Mr. Rolando Azor and interpreted by Bugoy Drilon.


Producing a 4-minute video actually entailed a huge amount of time - from the concept (story, treatment, pitching and even casting), to the execution (the shoot itself), and finally, editing. It took us a month and a few weeks before we actually finish the video. Umiyak muna talaga mga puso namin before we finish the video. Haha! Plus, working with Bugoy Drilon is such a great experience, no headaches, as if we are only shooting a school project wherein everyone there are classmates and close friends! The composer Mr. Rolando Azor is also very approachable and kind so we never had a hard time working with the big people. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture with the group and during the shoot because of certain things which I won't disclose anymore before this turns into a rant post. Hahaha. :D But nevertheless, shooting the music video is one great experience, I was just sad that I wasn't able to attend the wedding!

#TeamBugoy members with the composer Mr. Ronnie Azor.
Screenshots from the music video.
So happy that we were able to be a part of it, as in literally. Hahaha.

But the most fulfilling part of all was when you see your fruits of labor being published, viewed and appreciated by people. We may not be able to please everyone with our product but of course, we are so happy and proud of it. :)

Last September 1, director Bea, executive producer Ady and I attended the press conference for the competition. All music videos were shown, and was followed by a question and answer portion with the composers and interpreters. Of course, Sir Ronnie and Kuya Bugoy were present. :) Another memorable moment for me was when I get to have a picture with Morissette Amon, one of my favorite singers (Moon of Desire, shining bright).

Here are the pictures from the event:

With Jessa Zaragoza.
She interpreted the song Bumabalik ang Nagdaan.
It was a dream come true to see her because her songs are my favorites ever since.

With Morissette Amon.
She interpreted the song Akin Ka Na Lang which can be a really good theme song.
I have always loved her since her TV5 Days.
We even had a short chat regarding that. Haha.
With Michael Pangilinan.
He interpreted the song Pare Mahal Mo Raw Ako.
Oh yes, I was affected by the song.
And yes, he is gwapo. :)
With Jed Madela.
He interpreted the song If You Don't Want To Fall.
I loved his song How Can I Fall. :)
Team Bugoy with KZ Tandingan.
She interpreted the song Mahal Ko O Mahal Ako.
I love the song!
With Sir Ronnie Azor! :)
With Kuya Bugoy!
I am happy that we have our picture!
Because I wasn't able to have a picture with him during the shoot. :)
We were interviewed by MTV.
Unfortunately, I haven't watched it. Haha.
And of course, here is the fruit of our labor, our MUSIC VIDEO! :)



I would like to thank everyone who helped us. The cast, our professors and chairperson, all those who helped in the production and extras, to Sir John Paul for the gown of the bride, to Sir Jayson, Sir London, Miss Zyra, Sir Dexter and Sir Roxy of Star Records and of course, to God for making these things possible. And of course, Team Bugoy!!! I always believed that in any competition, as long as you did your job and put all your efforts into it, we are all considered winners! :)

And of course, do not forget to vote online for Bugoy Drilon as best interpreter for Umiiyak Ang Puso! Visit http://himighandog.abs-cbn.com/ :)

The finals night for the competition will be on September 28, 2014 at the Araneta Coliseum.

Goodluck to all the interpreters, composers, and schools! May the odds be in our favor. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment